Crouch End Dog Show organiser’s plea for volunteers following ‘insane’ costs
- Credit: Archant
An animal lover is calling on dog-loving volunteers to help her find the pooch with the waggiest tail.
Oshy Artzi wanted to give a home to every stray dog in the world when she was three years old. Now 39, she still possesses that determination to do whatever she can to help four legged friends who lack loving homes.
Besides seeking dogs and owners to take part in her fundraising show, Oshy is on the look out for volunteers to help her advertise and run the five-hour-long event, which culminates in two prized pooches being crowned Mr and Miss Broadway.
“It will be really fun. It’s a bit different to other dog shows,” she said.
Last year the businesswoman – who set up Overseas Animal Rescue to support cash-strapped animal shelters in Europe – raised enough money to buy 300 kilos of food for a Bulgarian dogs’ home.
Oshy organised the show as a fun way to raise money for a good cause with ten different categories including the waggiest tail and wettest kiss, but she said the cost of renting the stalls and venue last year was “insane”.
“Every animal is important,” she said. “They are just innocent. They don’t have voices or power. In England dogs and cats are taken care of well more or less.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
“But in Europe the situation in some countries is really not as good,” she added.
This year’s show – forming part of the Crouch End Festival – will take place in The Broadway on June 18 from 11am until 4pm. To help email email@example.com.