Crouch End Cricket Club raises £1,000 for Muswell Hill Foodbank with Zoom workout from ‘Mr Motivator’
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End Cricket Club (CECC) has raised £1,000 for Muswell Hill Foodbank from a Zoom fitness class.
#CrouchEndAgainstCoronaChallenge saw Poojan Vyas - ‘Mr Motivator’ - lead a gruelling online high-intensity workout where 50 participating familes donated £5 - or however much they could afford.
Based at The Calthorpe Ground, the club - which smashed its original £500 target - came together to support Muswell Hill Foodbank to ensure its stretched community services can continue to reach the most vulnerable during the coronavirus pandemic.
Kelly Minett-Robson, CECC colts manager, said: “It’s massive and amazing how many peple have come together from the club including people’s families and the junior section.
“It was brilliant to see everyone on the screen.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve always thought we’ve been a great community but in times like these you just realise what a good community we are.
“We do call ourselves the Crouch End cricket family. It’s brilliant.”
To donate to the fundraiser click here.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'