Crouch End Cricket Club raises £1,000 for Muswell Hill Foodbank with Zoom workout from ‘Mr Motivator’
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End Cricket Club (CECC) has raised £1,000 for Muswell Hill Foodbank from a Zoom fitness class.
#CrouchEndAgainstCoronaChallenge saw Poojan Vyas - ‘Mr Motivator’ - lead a gruelling online high-intensity workout where 50 participating familes donated £5 - or however much they could afford.
Based at The Calthorpe Ground, the club - which smashed its original £500 target - came together to support Muswell Hill Foodbank to ensure its stretched community services can continue to reach the most vulnerable during the coronavirus pandemic.
Kelly Minett-Robson, CECC colts manager, said: “It’s massive and amazing how many peple have come together from the club including people’s families and the junior section.
“It was brilliant to see everyone on the screen.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve always thought we’ve been a great community but in times like these you just realise what a good community we are.
“We do call ourselves the Crouch End cricket family. It’s brilliant.”
To donate to the fundraiser click here.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 9 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 10 Crouch End continue unbeaten start with win at Hampstead