Crouch End Cricket Club raises £1,000 for Muswell Hill Foodbank with Zoom workout from ‘Mr Motivator’
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End Cricket Club (CECC) has raised £1,000 for Muswell Hill Foodbank from a Zoom fitness class.
#CrouchEndAgainstCoronaChallenge saw Poojan Vyas - ‘Mr Motivator’ - lead a gruelling online high-intensity workout where 50 participating familes donated £5 - or however much they could afford.
Based at The Calthorpe Ground, the club - which smashed its original £500 target - came together to support Muswell Hill Foodbank to ensure its stretched community services can continue to reach the most vulnerable during the coronavirus pandemic.
Kelly Minett-Robson, CECC colts manager, said: “It’s massive and amazing how many peple have come together from the club including people’s families and the junior section.
“It was brilliant to see everyone on the screen.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve always thought we’ve been a great community but in times like these you just realise what a good community we are.
“We do call ourselves the Crouch End cricket family. It’s brilliant.”
To donate to the fundraiser click here.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath