Crouch End choir invites spectators to 12-hour singing marathon
The Crouch End Festival Chorus is taking a deep breath and running a 12-hour sponsored singing marathon this Saturday to raise funds for a major recording project.
For one day only, the Crouch End Festival Chorus will become the 12-Hour Choir, singing from 9am right through until 9pm on Saturday.
Music director David Temple will be wielding the baton throughout, which will be punctuated by brief solo and chamber music sessions by CEFC members.
For a contribution of £10, anybody can join the choir in singing Handel’s Messiah between 3.45pm and 5.45pm.
The works to be covered are Bach’s Magnificat, Elgar’s The Dream of Gerontius, Beethoven’s Mass in C, Vaughan Williams’s Dona Nobis Pacem, and Fauré’s Requiem.
You may also want to watch:
The event is part of a campaign to raise £30,000 towards the cost of a new recording of Bach’s St John Passion.
This will be the first recording in English for 40 years and is planned to be made with Chandos Records.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
The choir, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last year, is seeking funds for the artistic costs including music hire, venue hire, the soloists and the period orchestra.
The event will be held at
Muswell Hill Baptist Church and visitors are welcome at any point during the day.
For more information and to donate: cefc.org.uk/cefc12-hourchoir.aspx