W5 bus crashes into parked car in Crouch End
- Credit: Archant
On Tuesday night passers-by were stunned to see the W5 bus had crashed into a parked car in Uplands Road.
The road was closed for some time, and witnesses reported seeing the bus driver receiving treatment shortly after the crash.
David Winskill, former local councillor and community activist, told the Ham&High he had been “shocked” by the crash.
He added: “The driver seems to have smashed into a white car for some reason.
“Luckily there was a doctor around locally to look after people. There was a lot of broken glass.”
A Met Police spokesperson confirmed officers were called to the incidentat 4.49pm, and despite the dramatic collision, said no-one had been seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Were you on the bus in question on October 20? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 8 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 9 Birthday Honours: David Myers rewarded for decades of advocacy at the Royal Free
- 10 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand