W5 bus crashes into parked car in Crouch End
- Credit: Archant
On Tuesday night passers-by were stunned to see the W5 bus had crashed into a parked car in Uplands Road.
The road was closed for some time, and witnesses reported seeing the bus driver receiving treatment shortly after the crash.
David Winskill, former local councillor and community activist, told the Ham&High he had been “shocked” by the crash.
He added: “The driver seems to have smashed into a white car for some reason.
“Luckily there was a doctor around locally to look after people. There was a lot of broken glass.”
A Met Police spokesperson confirmed officers were called to the incidentat 4.49pm, and despite the dramatic collision, said no-one had been seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Were you on the bus in question on October 20? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke