W5 bus crashes into parked car in Crouch End
- Credit: Archant
On Tuesday night passers-by were stunned to see the W5 bus had crashed into a parked car in Uplands Road.
The road was closed for some time, and witnesses reported seeing the bus driver receiving treatment shortly after the crash.
David Winskill, former local councillor and community activist, told the Ham&High he had been “shocked” by the crash.
He added: “The driver seems to have smashed into a white car for some reason.
“Luckily there was a doctor around locally to look after people. There was a lot of broken glass.”
A Met Police spokesperson confirmed officers were called to the incidentat 4.49pm, and despite the dramatic collision, said no-one had been seriously injured.
Were you on the bus in question on October 20? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 6 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 9 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 10 Haringey 'virtual parking permits' to tackle blue badge thefts