Crouch End bakery may predict election results with cupcake poll
- Credit: Archant
The results are not yet in for the London mayoral election candidates, but Dunn’s Bakery in Crouch End may have the scoop with their innovative cupcakes and doughnuts poll.
Customers voted with their tastebuds, choosing cupcakes with the faces of Labour’s Sadiq Khan, Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the Lib Dem’s Caroline Pidgeon or the Green’s Sian Berry.
Baker Lewis Freeman said: “It’s been quite exciting. The customers enjoyed it.”
“Sadiq has obliterated the competition.”
At the last count at the end of the day, Sadiq Khan had 121 cakes sold, with Zac Goldsmith trailing behind at 25, Caroline Pidgeon with 15 and Sian Berry with nine.
You may also want to watch:
The bakery first sold election-themed cakes eight years ago, bearing the faces of Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson.
- Dunn’s Bakery will be taking part in National Doughnut Week from May 7, with 25p from every doughnut sold going to charity The Children’s Trust.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 10 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'