Crouch End bakery may predict election results with cupcake poll
- Credit: Archant
The results are not yet in for the London mayoral election candidates, but Dunn’s Bakery in Crouch End may have the scoop with their innovative cupcakes and doughnuts poll.
Customers voted with their tastebuds, choosing cupcakes with the faces of Labour’s Sadiq Khan, Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the Lib Dem’s Caroline Pidgeon or the Green’s Sian Berry.
Baker Lewis Freeman said: “It’s been quite exciting. The customers enjoyed it.”
“Sadiq has obliterated the competition.”
At the last count at the end of the day, Sadiq Khan had 121 cakes sold, with Zac Goldsmith trailing behind at 25, Caroline Pidgeon with 15 and Sian Berry with nine.
You may also want to watch:
The bakery first sold election-themed cakes eight years ago, bearing the faces of Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson.
- Dunn’s Bakery will be taking part in National Doughnut Week from May 7, with 25p from every doughnut sold going to charity The Children’s Trust.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction