Crouch End bakery may predict election results with cupcake poll
- Credit: Archant
The results are not yet in for the London mayoral election candidates, but Dunn’s Bakery in Crouch End may have the scoop with their innovative cupcakes and doughnuts poll.
Customers voted with their tastebuds, choosing cupcakes with the faces of Labour’s Sadiq Khan, Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the Lib Dem’s Caroline Pidgeon or the Green’s Sian Berry.
Baker Lewis Freeman said: “It’s been quite exciting. The customers enjoyed it.”
“Sadiq has obliterated the competition.”
At the last count at the end of the day, Sadiq Khan had 121 cakes sold, with Zac Goldsmith trailing behind at 25, Caroline Pidgeon with 15 and Sian Berry with nine.
You may also want to watch:
The bakery first sold election-themed cakes eight years ago, bearing the faces of Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson.
- Dunn’s Bakery will be taking part in National Doughnut Week from May 7, with 25p from every doughnut sold going to charity The Children’s Trust.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour