Hornsey cannabis factory shutdown in daylight raid
- Credit: Archant
Police have shut down a cannabis factory in a daylight raid on an industrial estate.
Officers forced entry to a commercial unit at the estate in Cross Lane, Hornsey, on January 10 at 2.27pm after receiving a tip off about a cannabis factory in operation.
Four men fled the unit whilst two men were arrested at the scene. They have been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
One of the two arrested suspects was arrested a second time with entering the UK illegally.
A police spokesman said: “A number of plants and cultivation equipment were discovered and removed from the property.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Due to their unstable nature, cannabis factories place surrounding properties at risk of fire and flooding . Anyone who suspects an address is being used to cultivate cannabis should call the police.”
Call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines