Hornsey cannabis factory shutdown in daylight raid
- Credit: Archant
Police have shut down a cannabis factory in a daylight raid on an industrial estate.
Officers forced entry to a commercial unit at the estate in Cross Lane, Hornsey, on January 10 at 2.27pm after receiving a tip off about a cannabis factory in operation.
Four men fled the unit whilst two men were arrested at the scene. They have been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
One of the two arrested suspects was arrested a second time with entering the UK illegally.
A police spokesman said: “A number of plants and cultivation equipment were discovered and removed from the property.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Due to their unstable nature, cannabis factories place surrounding properties at risk of fire and flooding . Anyone who suspects an address is being used to cultivate cannabis should call the police.”
Call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end