Young man in hospital after severe asthma attack on the street
Police have launched an investigation after a young man was taken to hospital with a life-threatening asthma attack hours after a 30-man brawl in Lisson Green.
Officers were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 7pm on Wednesday last week after a man, named by police as Bilal Ali, in his 20s, collapsed in Grove End Road following a severe asthma attack.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate him as he was taken by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
His condition was said to be life-threatening as the Wood&Vale went to press on Wednesday and his next of kin have been informed.
His collapse followed reports of 30 youths armed with sticks fighting by the playground in Jerome Crescent at 5pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
When police officers arrived no fight was taking place, but a number of youths were seen running from the location and some were stopped and searched.
The youths were hostile towards officers and threatened violence towards them but no arrests were made.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
The two incidents have not been linked but police are currently investigating the circumstances.
* Anyone with information on either incident should call police on 020 7321 9374 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.