Young man in hospital after severe asthma attack on the street
Police have launched an investigation after a young man was taken to hospital with a life-threatening asthma attack hours after a 30-man brawl in Lisson Green.
Officers were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 7pm on Wednesday last week after a man, named by police as Bilal Ali, in his 20s, collapsed in Grove End Road following a severe asthma attack.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate him as he was taken by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
His condition was said to be life-threatening as the Wood&Vale went to press on Wednesday and his next of kin have been informed.
His collapse followed reports of 30 youths armed with sticks fighting by the playground in Jerome Crescent at 5pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
When police officers arrived no fight was taking place, but a number of youths were seen running from the location and some were stopped and searched.
The youths were hostile towards officers and threatened violence towards them but no arrests were made.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
The two incidents have not been linked but police are currently investigating the circumstances.
* Anyone with information on either incident should call police on 020 7321 9374 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.