X Factor Leona Lewis’ cousin jailed for Kentish Town robbery
Singer Leona Lewis’ gangster cousin will face more than five years in prison for a Kentish Town robbery he committed just days after his release from prison.
Adrian Henry was just 14 years old when he was jailed for his part in the gang-rape of an Austrian tourist in King’s Cross. His mob, Venom, stripped Alexandra Sablatnig naked, beat her and raped her before tossing her in the water.
Just days after being released, following 12 years behind bars, he and another man, Terry Heywood, broke into a sauna and massage parlour in Kentish Town Road.
They threatened staff with a gun and a knife before making off with their belongings and the business takings.
Henry, of Hornsey Road, and 35-year-old Heywood, from Croydon, both pleaded guilty to five counts of robbery and one count of being in possession of a firearm or imitation firearm.
The two men were sentenced to at least five and a half years in prison at Blackfriars Crown Court on Friday.
Detective Constable Si�n Newell, of Finchley Flying Squad, said: “This was a frightening experience for the staff in the premises and I am pleased that the weight of evidence presented against the defendants at court resulted in them pleading guilty.”
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 7 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube map
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
Following an investigation carried out by the Flying Squad, Henry was identified as being involved and arrested on November 2, 2009.
Heywood was located by police in September 2010 after being on the run for many months.