Wood Green fatal shooting: Man arrested in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Highgate on suspicion of murder following the fatal shooting of a teenager.
Detectives investigating the murder of the 19-year-old in Wood Green made the arrest at an N6 address on Sunday.
Witnesses report seeing armed officers swoop into Talbot Road and Church Road during the operation.
A Met spokesman said: “The man was taken to a north London police station where he currently remains.”
The operation came after officers were called to reports of a shooting in Hollywood Green, High Road, at 12.32am on Thursday.
The 19-year-old man was found with a gunshot injury outside a cinema complex.
He was taken to a central London hospital where he died soon after. His next-of-kin have been informed.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
Anyone with information who has not yet come forward should call 020 8358 0200, or 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting CAD 124 of March 8.