Wood Green fatal shooting: Man arrested in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Highgate on suspicion of murder following the fatal shooting of a teenager.
Detectives investigating the murder of the 19-year-old in Wood Green made the arrest at an N6 address on Sunday.
Witnesses report seeing armed officers swoop into Talbot Road and Church Road during the operation.
A Met spokesman said: “The man was taken to a north London police station where he currently remains.”
The operation came after officers were called to reports of a shooting in Hollywood Green, High Road, at 12.32am on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old man was found with a gunshot injury outside a cinema complex.
He was taken to a central London hospital where he died soon after. His next-of-kin have been informed.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
Anyone with information who has not yet come forward should call 020 8358 0200, or 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting CAD 124 of March 8.