Woman stabbed to death in Belsize Park named
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three found stabbed to death in her flat in Belsize Park has been named locally as Maria Mbombo.
Neighbours spoke of their shock and sadness as tributes were left for the 46-year-old woman.
A friend of the victim said: “We are just really shocked and saddened.
“It is a total surprise because just the other week we met up and she was happy – smiling and drinking.
“And then this morning we heard the news.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t believe it.”
Police were called to Ms Mbombo’s address in Maitland Park Villas just after midnight following reports of an injured woman.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Queens Crescent.
The suspect is reportedly suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have known the victim and lived at the same address.
Forensic officers remain at the scene in Belsize Park. A post-mortem examination is due to take place at St Pancras Mortuary tomorrow.
Det Chief Insp Noel McHugh said: “While we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this murder I would ask anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to contact the incident room.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.