Woman stabbed to death in Belsize Park named
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three found stabbed to death in her flat in Belsize Park has been named locally as Maria Mbombo.
Neighbours spoke of their shock and sadness as tributes were left for the 46-year-old woman.
A friend of the victim said: “We are just really shocked and saddened.
“It is a total surprise because just the other week we met up and she was happy – smiling and drinking.
“And then this morning we heard the news.
“I can’t believe it.”
Police were called to Ms Mbombo’s address in Maitland Park Villas just after midnight following reports of an injured woman.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 6 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Queens Crescent.
The suspect is reportedly suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have known the victim and lived at the same address.
Forensic officers remain at the scene in Belsize Park. A post-mortem examination is due to take place at St Pancras Mortuary tomorrow.
Det Chief Insp Noel McHugh said: “While we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this murder I would ask anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to contact the incident room.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.