Woman stabbed to death in Belsize Park named
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three found stabbed to death in her flat in Belsize Park has been named locally as Maria Mbombo.
Neighbours spoke of their shock and sadness as tributes were left for the 46-year-old woman.
A friend of the victim said: “We are just really shocked and saddened.
“It is a total surprise because just the other week we met up and she was happy – smiling and drinking.
“And then this morning we heard the news.
“I can’t believe it.”
Police were called to Ms Mbombo’s address in Maitland Park Villas just after midnight following reports of an injured woman.
- 1 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 2 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 3 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 9 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Queens Crescent.
The suspect is reportedly suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have known the victim and lived at the same address.
Forensic officers remain at the scene in Belsize Park. A post-mortem examination is due to take place at St Pancras Mortuary tomorrow.
Det Chief Insp Noel McHugh said: “While we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this murder I would ask anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to contact the incident room.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.