Woman stabbed and allegedly raped in Alexandra Park grounds
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are investigating a claim that a woman was stabbed and raped in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
Officers were called shortly after 4pm yesterday to reports that a woman, in her early 30s, had been stabbed in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
The woman subsequently made an allegation of rape.
She was taken to hospital where she remains in a stable condition.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command have arrested a man in connection with two allegations of rape.
This follows an incident where police were contacted by a woman aged in her early 50s who was attacked on Southey Road, Seven Sisters at approximately 14:30pm last Friday.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge
A man was arrested shortly after 10pm yesterday and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.