Woman stabbed and allegedly raped in Alexandra Park grounds
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are investigating a claim that a woman was stabbed and raped in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
Officers were called shortly after 4pm yesterday to reports that a woman, in her early 30s, had been stabbed in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
The woman subsequently made an allegation of rape.
She was taken to hospital where she remains in a stable condition.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command have arrested a man in connection with two allegations of rape.
This follows an incident where police were contacted by a woman aged in her early 50s who was attacked on Southey Road, Seven Sisters at approximately 14:30pm last Friday.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 7 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
A man was arrested shortly after 10pm yesterday and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.