Woman stabbed and allegedly raped in Alexandra Park grounds
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are investigating a claim that a woman was stabbed and raped in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
Officers were called shortly after 4pm yesterday to reports that a woman, in her early 30s, had been stabbed in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
The woman subsequently made an allegation of rape.
She was taken to hospital where she remains in a stable condition.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command have arrested a man in connection with two allegations of rape.
This follows an incident where police were contacted by a woman aged in her early 50s who was attacked on Southey Road, Seven Sisters at approximately 14:30pm last Friday.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
A man was arrested shortly after 10pm yesterday and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.