Woman stabbed and allegedly raped in Alexandra Park grounds
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are investigating a claim that a woman was stabbed and raped in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
Officers were called shortly after 4pm yesterday to reports that a woman, in her early 30s, had been stabbed in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
The woman subsequently made an allegation of rape.
She was taken to hospital where she remains in a stable condition.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command have arrested a man in connection with two allegations of rape.
This follows an incident where police were contacted by a woman aged in her early 50s who was attacked on Southey Road, Seven Sisters at approximately 14:30pm last Friday.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
A man was arrested shortly after 10pm yesterday and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.