Woman stabbed and allegedly raped in Alexandra Park grounds
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are investigating a claim that a woman was stabbed and raped in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
Officers were called shortly after 4pm yesterday to reports that a woman, in her early 30s, had been stabbed in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace.
The woman subsequently made an allegation of rape.
She was taken to hospital where she remains in a stable condition.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command have arrested a man in connection with two allegations of rape.
This follows an incident where police were contacted by a woman aged in her early 50s who was attacked on Southey Road, Seven Sisters at approximately 14:30pm last Friday.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 8 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 9 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 10 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
A man was arrested shortly after 10pm yesterday and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.