Woman pushed to ground and robbed in Hampstead in second attack in last month
- Credit: Archant
A woman was pushed to the ground and robbed of her jewellery in Hampstead last night in the second attack of its kind in one month, according to reports.
Police were making enquiries in the area after the attack by two men yesterday, near New End, residents said.
The woman’s rings and wallet were stolen in the mugging, it was reported.
It comes after another woman was strangled and robbed in front of her two-year-old daughter in Belsize Park last month.
The terrified mother, who was too scared to be named, spoke to the Ham&High last week of her frightening attack in order to warn others to be vigilant.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, one masked with a bandana, pounced on her as she took her toddler’s bag out of the car at about 8pm in Belsize Park Gardens on January 26.
She told the Ham&High last week: “My child was still in the car seat when a man with his face covered came at me from behind. I thought he was after my child and I started hitting him away.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 8 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
“He strangled me. I fell onto the floor unconscious. When I came round I realised I was being robbed. They took my jewellery and my wedding ring.
“There was a footprint on my jeans and marks around my neck. I could hear two voices and realised that there was more than one attacker.
Police confirmed an attack took place in the Hampstead area yesterday and said they will be releasing more information soon.
More to follow.