Woman pushed to ground and robbed in Hampstead in second attack in last month
- Credit: Archant
A woman was pushed to the ground and robbed of her jewellery in Hampstead last night in the second attack of its kind in one month, according to reports.
Police were making enquiries in the area after the attack by two men yesterday, near New End, residents said.
The woman’s rings and wallet were stolen in the mugging, it was reported.
It comes after another woman was strangled and robbed in front of her two-year-old daughter in Belsize Park last month.
The terrified mother, who was too scared to be named, spoke to the Ham&High last week of her frightening attack in order to warn others to be vigilant.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, one masked with a bandana, pounced on her as she took her toddler’s bag out of the car at about 8pm in Belsize Park Gardens on January 26.
She told the Ham&High last week: “My child was still in the car seat when a man with his face covered came at me from behind. I thought he was after my child and I started hitting him away.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
“He strangled me. I fell onto the floor unconscious. When I came round I realised I was being robbed. They took my jewellery and my wedding ring.
“There was a footprint on my jeans and marks around my neck. I could hear two voices and realised that there was more than one attacker.
Police confirmed an attack took place in the Hampstead area yesterday and said they will be releasing more information soon.
More to follow.