Woman in her 20s fatally stabbed in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Archant
An investigation has been launched after a woman was fatally stabbed in Chalk Farm last night.
Police were called at 11.15pm to reports of a stabbing. They found a woman in her 20s and gave first aid until paramedics arrived.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 11.55pm.
A formal identification is yet to take place, but officers are confident that they know who the woman is and her next-of-kin have been informed. She has been named in floral tributes left at the scene as "Shakira."
Two other women were found with knife wounds that are not believed to be life threatening. They were taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The killing, in Belmont Street, happened on the same night that a man in his 20s was shot and killed less than a mile away in the Prince of Wales Road.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command have been informed.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
A corden was up this morning near the Hardington block of flats.
A 35-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at a north London police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8249 of September 8. Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you know the victim? Contact the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 433 0119