Woman injured in moped mugging in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered broken ribs, bruising and concussion after being dragged along a pavement during a moped enabled mugging.
On Friday evening just after 11.45pm two women were returning home from a night out in North Hill, Highgate, when a moped mounted the kerb and approached them from behind.
Seconds later the pillion passenger grabbed the handbag from the victim’s shoulder but she was dragged along the roadside before she could free herself after the strap got tangled up with the sleeve of her leather jacket.
Officers were called to the scene at 12.18am and they took the woman to a north London hospital.
According to police the injuries are considered to be not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made but enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.