Woman injured in moped mugging in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered broken ribs, bruising and concussion after being dragged along a pavement during a moped enabled mugging.
On Friday evening just after 11.45pm two women were returning home from a night out in North Hill, Highgate, when a moped mounted the kerb and approached them from behind.
Seconds later the pillion passenger grabbed the handbag from the victim’s shoulder but she was dragged along the roadside before she could free herself after the strap got tangled up with the sleeve of her leather jacket.
Officers were called to the scene at 12.18am and they took the woman to a north London hospital.
According to police the injuries are considered to be not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made but enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.