Woman injured in moped mugging in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered broken ribs, bruising and concussion after being dragged along a pavement during a moped enabled mugging.
On Friday evening just after 11.45pm two women were returning home from a night out in North Hill, Highgate, when a moped mounted the kerb and approached them from behind.
Seconds later the pillion passenger grabbed the handbag from the victim’s shoulder but she was dragged along the roadside before she could free herself after the strap got tangled up with the sleeve of her leather jacket.
Officers were called to the scene at 12.18am and they took the woman to a north London hospital.
According to police the injuries are considered to be not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made but enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.