Woman injured in moped mugging in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered broken ribs, bruising and concussion after being dragged along a pavement during a moped enabled mugging.
On Friday evening just after 11.45pm two women were returning home from a night out in North Hill, Highgate, when a moped mounted the kerb and approached them from behind.
Seconds later the pillion passenger grabbed the handbag from the victim’s shoulder but she was dragged along the roadside before she could free herself after the strap got tangled up with the sleeve of her leather jacket.
Officers were called to the scene at 12.18am and they took the woman to a north London hospital.
According to police the injuries are considered to be not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made but enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.