Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- Credit: Michael Boniface
A woman has been left in hospital after a stolen car being chased by police collided with another vehicle in Kentish Town over the weekend.
The Metropolitan Police said that at 5.08pm yesterday - Sunday, January 16 - officers indicated for a car to pull over in Carlton Road in Finsbury Park.
According to the Met, a "pursuit was authorised" after the car reportedly failed to stop.
The suspect car, which police confirm was reported stolen shortly after the pursuit, collided with another car in Leighton Road.
A woman from that other car was taken to hospital with "non life-threatening or life-changing injuries".
Two men - one reportedly the driver, the other a passenger - allegedly then fled the stolen car and made off on foot.
Police said one man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated taking and driving away following a foot chase.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 4 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 7 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 8 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 9 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 10 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
The 18-year-old was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
The Met said enquiries continue to locate the second man.