Woman fighting for life after bus collision in Golders Green
- Credit: An ambulGetty Images/iStockphoto
A woman in her twenties is in a critical condition after being wedged under a bus in Golders Green
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident which happened just before midnight last Friday night outside Golders Green bus and tube station.
A Met spokesman said police were called to reports of a female pedestrian in collision with a bus at 11:52pm.
He said: “Officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended and found a woman aged in her twenties trapped beneath the bus.
The woman was recovered from underneath the bus and taken to a central London hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the bus has been spoken to by officers and is assisting them with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.”
Investigating Officer Detective Sergeant Stuart Henson, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “This is a serious collision that happened on a busy road, near a well used station. There would have been a lot of people passing by. It is very important we find out exactly how this incident occurred. I would urge anyone who witnessed the collision to contact us as soon as possible.”
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 6 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 7 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 8 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 9 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
He urged witnesses and anyone with information to call 0208-991-9555 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555-111.