Woman fighting for life after bus collision in Golders Green
- Credit: An ambulGetty Images/iStockphoto
A woman in her twenties is in a critical condition after being wedged under a bus in Golders Green
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident which happened just before midnight last Friday night outside Golders Green bus and tube station.
A Met spokesman said police were called to reports of a female pedestrian in collision with a bus at 11:52pm.
He said: “Officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended and found a woman aged in her twenties trapped beneath the bus.
The woman was recovered from underneath the bus and taken to a central London hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the bus has been spoken to by officers and is assisting them with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.”
Investigating Officer Detective Sergeant Stuart Henson, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “This is a serious collision that happened on a busy road, near a well used station. There would have been a lot of people passing by. It is very important we find out exactly how this incident occurred. I would urge anyone who witnessed the collision to contact us as soon as possible.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
He urged witnesses and anyone with information to call 0208-991-9555 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555-111.