Appeal to speak to woman who burned bus passenger’s hair in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing to identify a woman who burned a passenger’s hair onboard a bus in Kilburn.
A woman boarded a 328 bus at Kilburn High Road heading towards Maida Vale - without touching in - on August 30 at around 4.35pm.
She sat at the back of the bus on the lower deck behind a 33-year-old woman.
The suspect, who was playing with a lighter, began to burn strands of the woman’s hair, Scotland Yard said.
When the victim tried to call police, the suspect left the bus, allegedly shouting: “Call the police, send me to jail, I will burn you anyway.”
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Cannon, investigating, said it was “sheer luck” that the victim did not suffer burns.
“I am very keen to know the identity of the female shown in the image and urge anyone who can name her to contact police.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Anyone with information should call 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 5466/30AUG.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit