Woman, 89, has three teeth knocked out in robbery
An 89-year-old woman lost three teeth in a street robbery in Westbourne Green on Tuesday of last week.
She was attacked outside Newton Road Medical Centre at 9.30am, when the thief approached her from behind and tried to snatch her handbag.
She tried to stop him from taking it, but was shoved to the ground, suffering a cut lip and losing the teeth.
The robber was white, about 16, 5ft 10ins tall, with short black hair. He was wearing black trousers and a white T-shirt under a black denim jacket.
Pc Rob Lynas, from the Westminster Robbery Unit, said: “This is a shocking and violent attack on an elderly lady causing significant injury.” ”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can contact Pc Lynas on 020 7321 6716.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham