Woman, 89, has three teeth knocked out in robbery
An 89-year-old woman lost three teeth in a street robbery in Westbourne Green on Tuesday of last week.
She was attacked outside Newton Road Medical Centre at 9.30am, when the thief approached her from behind and tried to snatch her handbag.
She tried to stop him from taking it, but was shoved to the ground, suffering a cut lip and losing the teeth.
The robber was white, about 16, 5ft 10ins tall, with short black hair. He was wearing black trousers and a white T-shirt under a black denim jacket.
Pc Rob Lynas, from the Westminster Robbery Unit, said: “This is a shocking and violent attack on an elderly lady causing significant injury.” ”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can contact Pc Lynas on 020 7321 6716.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate