Woman, 89, has three teeth knocked out in robbery
An 89-year-old woman lost three teeth in a street robbery in Westbourne Green on Tuesday of last week.
She was attacked outside Newton Road Medical Centre at 9.30am, when the thief approached her from behind and tried to snatch her handbag.
She tried to stop him from taking it, but was shoved to the ground, suffering a cut lip and losing the teeth.
The robber was white, about 16, 5ft 10ins tall, with short black hair. He was wearing black trousers and a white T-shirt under a black denim jacket.
Pc Rob Lynas, from the Westminster Robbery Unit, said: “This is a shocking and violent attack on an elderly lady causing significant injury.” ”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can contact Pc Lynas on 020 7321 6716.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft