Woman, 80, robbed in Camden home by female thief
Police are hunting a female robber who attacked an old lady on her doorstep and forced her way into her Camden home before demanding cash.
Officers said the pensioner, aged 80, had been unlocking the door of her Oval Road home when she was pushed inside by the woman.
A Met spokesman said: “The victim told officers she had returned home and was unlocking her front door when she was pushed inside her address by an unknown woman.
“The victim tried to escape but was prevented from doing so by the suspect.”
The attacker then demanded cash forcing the victim to hand over £20 before leaving the scene. A woman aged 58 was arrested on suspicion of robbery on Sunday and released on police bail.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident at around 3pm on March 8 to contact them on 101, quoting 2306170/17
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes