Woman, 32, followed into Hampstead flats by three men and robbed of watch
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A woman was robbed of her watch by three men who followed her into her block of flats in Hampstead.
The 32-year-old was walking home alone in Frognal at around 7.30pm on Monday last week when three men get out of a car and followed her into the communal area of some flats where they snatched her watch off her wrist before fleeing the scene in a car.
It follows a nasty robbery in the Frognal area on July 21 when a nanny with a young child was threatened with a crowbar by a mugger outside her family’s home and robbed of her watch in broad daylight.
The incidents are just the latest in a catalogue of violent robberies in Hampstead stretching back to 2013.
Ch Insp Steven Wright, from Camden police, insisted Hampstead was regularly policed.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “They have a dedicated ward officer and a dedicated neighbourhood policing team that patrol Hampstead the same as anywhere else.
“Police are deployed on intelligence-led policing, and will respond to a rise in crime or incidents of note anywhere London-wide.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
“Police proactively patrol where the majority of crimes happen. Hampstead is a lovely area, a low crime area, but police are there, the same as anywhere else in London.”
Anyone who has not yet come forward in relation to the robbery last week, but either witnessed the incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspects in the vehicle should call Camden CID by dialling 101, quoting reference number 2321053/15.