Woman, 32, followed into Hampstead flats by three men and robbed of watch
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A woman was robbed of her watch by three men who followed her into her block of flats in Hampstead.
The 32-year-old was walking home alone in Frognal at around 7.30pm on Monday last week when three men get out of a car and followed her into the communal area of some flats where they snatched her watch off her wrist before fleeing the scene in a car.
It follows a nasty robbery in the Frognal area on July 21 when a nanny with a young child was threatened with a crowbar by a mugger outside her family’s home and robbed of her watch in broad daylight.
The incidents are just the latest in a catalogue of violent robberies in Hampstead stretching back to 2013.
Ch Insp Steven Wright, from Camden police, insisted Hampstead was regularly policed.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “They have a dedicated ward officer and a dedicated neighbourhood policing team that patrol Hampstead the same as anywhere else.
“Police are deployed on intelligence-led policing, and will respond to a rise in crime or incidents of note anywhere London-wide.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 8 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
“Police proactively patrol where the majority of crimes happen. Hampstead is a lovely area, a low crime area, but police are there, the same as anywhere else in London.”
Anyone who has not yet come forward in relation to the robbery last week, but either witnessed the incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspects in the vehicle should call Camden CID by dialling 101, quoting reference number 2321053/15.