‘Wolf of Wall Street’ City boss jailed for one year
- Credit: Archant
A City boss from Hampstead likened to the ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ has been jailed for a year after sexually assaulting two women.
Married Anthony Constantinou stuck his tongue down one woman’s throat after force-feeding her eye-wateringly hot wasabi paste from a £500 sushi platter.
The former Capital World Markets (CWM) chief executive groped another woman’s breasts and forcibly kissed her at a bash thrown to toast a £1 million profit.
The millionaire’s son was photographed showing Princess Anne around his high-rise headquarters in the City of London’s Heron Tower and his firm once had a sponsorship deal with Chelsea Football Club.
Father-of-two Constantinou claimed his victims were lying to get his money, but he was found guilty of carrying out the assaults during five-months of hedonism between October 2014 and February last year.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old, who arrived at the Old Bailey with his wife Penny, looked to the public gallery as Judge Nicholas Cooke QC jailed him for 12 months.
“Sexual bullying in the workplace is a serious matter,” said the judge.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
“It is seriously aggravating that the two offences are examples of people high up in an organisation committed against people who are in one way or another dependent on that organisation.”
He said the “abuse of power” deterred complaints and fostered a culture where others working at the company were not prepared to speak out.
“The climate is one where the boss is doing it and others are not able to stop it,” he added.
“That is why people in that position need to realise if they end up in court like this defendant, they will go to prison.”
Constantinou is the youngest son of fashion tycoon Aristos Constantinou, who was gunned down in his Bishop’s Avenue mansion in 1985 when Anthony was aged just three.
The unsolved case was dubbed the ‘Silver Bullet Murder’ due to the six nickel-jacketed slugs that ended Aristos’s rags-to-riches life.
Constantinou was said to regularly drink at work and his wild after-work parties were compared to the antics of Leonardo DiCaprio’s fictional stockbroker.
One victim told jurors how she was “treated like a piece of meat” after a boozy business meeting in his 21st-floor offices on 20 February last year and was told: “You can’t say no to a Greek.”
The woman described in a police interview: “It was literally like that film Wolf of Wall Street.”
A second victim said Constantinou attacked her at an after-work drinks party called to celebrate because “the dealers made a £1m profit” on October 29 2014.
She said she was plied with glasses of vodka and orange as nightclub-style music blared in the background.
The former executive did not give evidence but in her closing speech, Miranda Moore QC, defending, said: “The defendant believes that they are after his money.”
Constantinou, of Wildwood Road, denied six counts of sexual assault against three women.
He was convicted of two charges against two women and cleared of squeezing another woman’s bottom.
Jurors failed to reach verdicts on three counts of sexual assault.