Witnesses sought over metal bar attack on cyclist in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal after a cyclist was attacked with a metal rod in Camden Town.
A man who appeared to be wearing an apron launched the attack in Pratt Street, at the junction with Camden High Street, at about 11am on Wednesday, September 10.
The cyclist attempted to dodge blows from the metal rod by lifting up his bike and using it as a shield.
A 27-year-old man was later arrested in a nearby cafe in Pratt Street on suspicions of possessing an offensive weapon.
A 29-year-old woman was also arrested there for obstructing police.
Both have been placed on police bail until midway through October.
Det Con Hannah Lister said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this assault or seen the suspect leave the cyclists on Pratt Street.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 5 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 6 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 7 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 8 'Do the right thing': Locket containing baby's ashes stolen from car
- 9 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 10 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
“I would encourage anyone who may have witnessed what occurred or seen the man in the local area to call police on 101 quoting reference 2321952/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”