Witnesses sought over metal bar attack on cyclist in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal after a cyclist was attacked with a metal rod in Camden Town.
A man who appeared to be wearing an apron launched the attack in Pratt Street, at the junction with Camden High Street, at about 11am on Wednesday, September 10.
The cyclist attempted to dodge blows from the metal rod by lifting up his bike and using it as a shield.
A 27-year-old man was later arrested in a nearby cafe in Pratt Street on suspicions of possessing an offensive weapon.
A 29-year-old woman was also arrested there for obstructing police.
You may also want to watch:
Both have been placed on police bail until midway through October.
Det Con Hannah Lister said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this assault or seen the suspect leave the cyclists on Pratt Street.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 6 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 7 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
“I would encourage anyone who may have witnessed what occurred or seen the man in the local area to call police on 101 quoting reference 2321952/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”