Witnesses sought over metal bar attack on cyclist in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal after a cyclist was attacked with a metal rod in Camden Town.
A man who appeared to be wearing an apron launched the attack in Pratt Street, at the junction with Camden High Street, at about 11am on Wednesday, September 10.
The cyclist attempted to dodge blows from the metal rod by lifting up his bike and using it as a shield.
A 27-year-old man was later arrested in a nearby cafe in Pratt Street on suspicions of possessing an offensive weapon.
A 29-year-old woman was also arrested there for obstructing police.
Both have been placed on police bail until midway through October.
Det Con Hannah Lister said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this assault or seen the suspect leave the cyclists on Pratt Street.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
“I would encourage anyone who may have witnessed what occurred or seen the man in the local area to call police on 101 quoting reference 2321952/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”