Witnesses sought over metal bar attack on cyclist in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal after a cyclist was attacked with a metal rod in Camden Town.
A man who appeared to be wearing an apron launched the attack in Pratt Street, at the junction with Camden High Street, at about 11am on Wednesday, September 10.
The cyclist attempted to dodge blows from the metal rod by lifting up his bike and using it as a shield.
A 27-year-old man was later arrested in a nearby cafe in Pratt Street on suspicions of possessing an offensive weapon.
A 29-year-old woman was also arrested there for obstructing police.
You may also want to watch:
Both have been placed on police bail until midway through October.
Det Con Hannah Lister said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this assault or seen the suspect leave the cyclists on Pratt Street.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
“I would encourage anyone who may have witnessed what occurred or seen the man in the local area to call police on 101 quoting reference 2321952/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”