Witnesses sought over metal bar attack on cyclist in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal after a cyclist was attacked with a metal rod in Camden Town.
A man who appeared to be wearing an apron launched the attack in Pratt Street, at the junction with Camden High Street, at about 11am on Wednesday, September 10.
The cyclist attempted to dodge blows from the metal rod by lifting up his bike and using it as a shield.
A 27-year-old man was later arrested in a nearby cafe in Pratt Street on suspicions of possessing an offensive weapon.
A 29-year-old woman was also arrested there for obstructing police.
You may also want to watch:
Both have been placed on police bail until midway through October.
Det Con Hannah Lister said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this assault or seen the suspect leave the cyclists on Pratt Street.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 6 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
“I would encourage anyone who may have witnessed what occurred or seen the man in the local area to call police on 101 quoting reference 2321952/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”