Police appeal for witnesses after 17-year-old stabbed in West Hampstead
- Credit: Sophie Penney
Police are searching for witnesses after a teenager was stabbed, causing “potentially life changing injuries”, in West Hampstead on Sunday.
Police were called to West Hampstead tube station just before 6pm to reports of an altercation between a 17-year-old and a man and woman.
It’s believed the teenager left the tube station at 5.54pm, and was followed. An altercation then took place in West End Lane, where the victim was stabbed in the arm. His injuries have been described by cops as “potentially life changing.” There have been no arrests.
Det Con Rob Griffiths said: “We do not know if the victim and suspects were known to each other, or they met just prior to the attack. I am asking for anyone with information to get in touch and provide us with any details, however insignificant they might seem.
“We would particularly like to speak to a female witness, who we believe approached officers at the crime scene and could have vital information that might help us.”
Police can be contacted on 101, quoting CAD 6012 of October 28. Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box