Police appeal for witnesses after 17-year-old stabbed in West Hampstead
- Credit: Sophie Penney
Police are searching for witnesses after a teenager was stabbed, causing “potentially life changing injuries”, in West Hampstead on Sunday.
Police were called to West Hampstead tube station just before 6pm to reports of an altercation between a 17-year-old and a man and woman.
It’s believed the teenager left the tube station at 5.54pm, and was followed. An altercation then took place in West End Lane, where the victim was stabbed in the arm. His injuries have been described by cops as “potentially life changing.” There have been no arrests.
Det Con Rob Griffiths said: “We do not know if the victim and suspects were known to each other, or they met just prior to the attack. I am asking for anyone with information to get in touch and provide us with any details, however insignificant they might seem.
“We would particularly like to speak to a female witness, who we believe approached officers at the crime scene and could have vital information that might help us.”
You may also want to watch:
Police can be contacted on 101, quoting CAD 6012 of October 28. Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 9 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 10 Friends and family remember 'marvellous' Cate Haste