West Hampstead teenager jailed for rape of student working as prostitute
A teenager who raped and robbed a West Hampstead student who was working as a prostitute was sentenced to five years in prison today (January 9) at Blackfriars Crown Court.
In July, 19 year-old Olisa Ajufo, of Kingdon Road, West Hampstead, contacted the 21-year-old woman who was working to supplement her income via a website where she advertised.
He arranged to go to her West Hampstead home and attacked her when she refused to give him a hug after he told her did not have enough money.
Ajufo pinned the victim to her bed and took her phone, saying she could only have it back if she performed oral sex on him, the court heard.
Sobbing, the woman was forced to do as he asked, and was left terrified after he started hunting for a knife in her flat.
Ajufo left taking the victim’s mobile with him and was arrested five days after the attack.
The student’s phone was found in his home.
- 1 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 2 10 suspected north London drug dealers arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Hampstead's Old White Bear to reopen before Christmas
- 4 Men wanted in connection with 'appalling' antisemitic incident on Oxford Street
- 5 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 6 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 9 How Covid could set back Antonio Conte's Spurs revival
- 10 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
Detective Inspector Lee Davison of the Sapphire Unit, which investigates rape and sexual offences, said: “This was a terrifying attack on a woman in her own home.
“Her occupation in no way lessens the impact of Ajufo’s actions upon her and I would commend her bravery in coming forward and reporting the rape.
“Extensive enquiries by Sapphire detectives led to Ajufo’s identification and I am very pleased at his conviction today.”
Ajufo’s will also be placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.