West Hampstead stripper jailed for breaking colleague’s nose in row over customers
A West Hampstead stripper has been jailed for 18 months for breaking a colleague’s nose after accusing the victim of stealing her customers
Maria Badea, 20, head-butted and punched Gina Ciobotaru on February 7 as the exotic dancer tried to call the police. Ms Ciobotaru was left requiring surgery after the row at the French Pussycat Club in Soho, a court heard on Thursday (November 15).
The victim had to undergo surgery to fix a “deformity” in her nose and has been forced to scale back her hours.
Sentencing at Southwark Crown Court, Judge David Higgins said: “Your conduct was disgusting, deplorable, and deeply anti-social.
“Such violence, and fear of it, eats into the very fabric of our society and it is rightly regarded by the public with abhorrence and outrage.”
In a statement made four months after the attack, Ms Ciobotaru said: “I am now afraid that I’ll be assaulted again. I am afraid when I leave the house.
“I continuously get headaches and have problems with my vision.”
- 1 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after blaze destroys Abbey Road flat
- 8 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 9 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 10 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
Badea, from Loveridge Road in West Hampstead, admitted to one count of assault causing actual bodily harm and was jailed for 18 months.