West Hampstead stripper jailed for breaking colleague’s nose in row over customers
A West Hampstead stripper has been jailed for 18 months for breaking a colleague’s nose after accusing the victim of stealing her customers
Maria Badea, 20, head-butted and punched Gina Ciobotaru on February 7 as the exotic dancer tried to call the police. Ms Ciobotaru was left requiring surgery after the row at the French Pussycat Club in Soho, a court heard on Thursday (November 15).
The victim had to undergo surgery to fix a “deformity” in her nose and has been forced to scale back her hours.
Sentencing at Southwark Crown Court, Judge David Higgins said: “Your conduct was disgusting, deplorable, and deeply anti-social.
“Such violence, and fear of it, eats into the very fabric of our society and it is rightly regarded by the public with abhorrence and outrage.”
You may also want to watch:
In a statement made four months after the attack, Ms Ciobotaru said: “I am now afraid that I’ll be assaulted again. I am afraid when I leave the house.
“I continuously get headaches and have problems with my vision.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
Badea, from Loveridge Road in West Hampstead, admitted to one count of assault causing actual bodily harm and was jailed for 18 months.