West Hampstead stripper jailed for breaking colleague’s nose in row over customers
A West Hampstead stripper has been jailed for 18 months for breaking a colleague’s nose after accusing the victim of stealing her customers
Maria Badea, 20, head-butted and punched Gina Ciobotaru on February 7 as the exotic dancer tried to call the police. Ms Ciobotaru was left requiring surgery after the row at the French Pussycat Club in Soho, a court heard on Thursday (November 15).
The victim had to undergo surgery to fix a “deformity” in her nose and has been forced to scale back her hours.
Sentencing at Southwark Crown Court, Judge David Higgins said: “Your conduct was disgusting, deplorable, and deeply anti-social.
“Such violence, and fear of it, eats into the very fabric of our society and it is rightly regarded by the public with abhorrence and outrage.”
You may also want to watch:
In a statement made four months after the attack, Ms Ciobotaru said: “I am now afraid that I’ll be assaulted again. I am afraid when I leave the house.
“I continuously get headaches and have problems with my vision.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
Badea, from Loveridge Road in West Hampstead, admitted to one count of assault causing actual bodily harm and was jailed for 18 months.