West Hampstead stabbing: 17 year old ‘critical’ after area’s second knife attack inside a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
A 17 year-old boy was in a critical condition in hospital last night after being stabbed in West Hampstead.
The boy was found in Billy Fury Way, of Lithos Road with stab injuries at around 8pm.
The police and ambulance service attended the scene.
After the incident, local MP Tulip Siddiq tweeted: “Horrified by the latest stabbing, this time on Lithos Road. My thoughts are with the victim and his family.”
Overnight a Section 60 notice was in place giving police greater stop and search powers throughout Camden until 3am.
You may also want to watch:
The boy’s was described as in a “critical but stable condition” on Wednesday morning.
This the second stabbing in West Hampstead in less than a fortnight.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
On Sunday October another 17 year old was found with “life-changing” stab wounds to his arm in Iverson Road.
The police are appealing for anyone with information about the stabbing to call 101 quoting CAD 7205/6 Nov.