West Hampstead stabbing: 17 year old ‘critical’ after area’s second knife attack inside a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
A 17 year-old boy was in a critical condition in hospital last night after being stabbed in West Hampstead.
The boy was found in Billy Fury Way, of Lithos Road with stab injuries at around 8pm.
The police and ambulance service attended the scene.
After the incident, local MP Tulip Siddiq tweeted: “Horrified by the latest stabbing, this time on Lithos Road. My thoughts are with the victim and his family.”
Overnight a Section 60 notice was in place giving police greater stop and search powers throughout Camden until 3am.
The boy’s was described as in a “critical but stable condition” on Wednesday morning.
This the second stabbing in West Hampstead in less than a fortnight.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
On Sunday October another 17 year old was found with “life-changing” stab wounds to his arm in Iverson Road.
The police are appealing for anyone with information about the stabbing to call 101 quoting CAD 7205/6 Nov.