West Hampstead stabbing: 17 year old ‘critical’ after area’s second knife attack inside a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
A 17 year-old boy was in a critical condition in hospital last night after being stabbed in West Hampstead.
The boy was found in Billy Fury Way, of Lithos Road with stab injuries at around 8pm.
The police and ambulance service attended the scene.
After the incident, local MP Tulip Siddiq tweeted: “Horrified by the latest stabbing, this time on Lithos Road. My thoughts are with the victim and his family.”
Overnight a Section 60 notice was in place giving police greater stop and search powers throughout Camden until 3am.
The boy’s was described as in a “critical but stable condition” on Wednesday morning.
This the second stabbing in West Hampstead in less than a fortnight.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
On Sunday October another 17 year old was found with “life-changing” stab wounds to his arm in Iverson Road.
The police are appealing for anyone with information about the stabbing to call 101 quoting CAD 7205/6 Nov.