West Hampstead stabbing: 17 year old ‘critical’ after area’s second knife attack inside a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
A 17 year-old boy was in a critical condition in hospital last night after being stabbed in West Hampstead.
The boy was found in Billy Fury Way, of Lithos Road with stab injuries at around 8pm.
The police and ambulance service attended the scene.
After the incident, local MP Tulip Siddiq tweeted: “Horrified by the latest stabbing, this time on Lithos Road. My thoughts are with the victim and his family.”
Overnight a Section 60 notice was in place giving police greater stop and search powers throughout Camden until 3am.
You may also want to watch:
The boy’s was described as in a “critical but stable condition” on Wednesday morning.
This the second stabbing in West Hampstead in less than a fortnight.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
On Sunday October another 17 year old was found with “life-changing” stab wounds to his arm in Iverson Road.
The police are appealing for anyone with information about the stabbing to call 101 quoting CAD 7205/6 Nov.