Four charged with hate crime over homophobic attack on two women riding night bus in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Four teenagers have been charged with committing an aggravated homophobic hate crime on a night bus in West Hampstead.
Two women were travelling home on the N31 bus on May 30 when they were attacked by a group of young men.
Melania Geymonat, 28, was on the bus after a night out with her date Chris.
The couple were approached and assaulted before their belongings were stolen. Both suffered facial injuries and were left bloodied.
Four boys have been charged under the Public Order Act.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old from Wandsworth has also been charged with theft and handling stolen goods, while a Kensington and Chelsea boy, also 16, also faces a charge for possession of cannabis.
The others charged are a 15-year-old from Kensington and Chelsea - who also faces an allegation of handling stolen goods - and a 17-year-old from the same west London borough.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
They will appear at Highbury Corner Youth Court on August 21.