VIDEO: CCTV footage released after pensioner robbed in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released CCTV footage and images after an elderly woman was injured in a robbery in East Finchley
Detectives have released CCTV footage and images after an elderly woman was injured in a robbery in East Finchley.
The woman, in her 80s, was followed by a man who bundled her to the floor and snatched her handbag containing cash shortly after 3pm on March 1.
She had withdrawn the money from a bank in Ballards Lane just 30 minutes before the incident and it is believed the suspect may have been following her.
Paramedics attended the scene, in Thomas More Way, and treated her for injuries to her face and knee before she was taken to a North London Hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, described as a slim, white, fair-skinned male standing at around 5ft 6ins, made off in a grey Volkswagen Golf parked nearby.
He was wearing a black woolly hat, dark jumper and khaki trousers at the time.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
CCTV footage shows a man quickly approaching the pensioner before swiping her bag and returning to the car.
Police have also released a still image of the same suspect filling up the Golf, fitted with false number plates, at a nearby petrol station.
It is believed he may have links to the North Finchley, Southgate or Arnos Grove areas.
Another still image shows a second suspect loitering in the bank at the same time as the victim.
It is possible that the woman had been seen withdrawing cash and followed to the scene of the robbery.
No arrests have been made and the police investigation continues.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation or who recognises either of the men shown in the CCTV images is asked to call detectives at Barnet CID via 101. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.