Two teenagers charged with murder of Maida Vale charity worker
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with murder after a charity worker was stabbed to death in Little Venice on Monday.
Detectives have charged Nathan Gilmaney, 18, and a 17 year old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, with the murder of Abdul Samad, from Maida Vale.
Mr Samad, 28, was stabbed outside his home on St Mary’s Terrace just before midnight and passed away at St Mary’s hospital in Paddington an hour later.
A post-mortem examination shows that Mr Samad died from a stab wound to the chest.
The two teenagers were arrested in West Hampstead, a few hours after the incident took place, in Broomsleigh Street.
You may also want to watch:
They will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates Court this morning (Friday) and have also been charged with the robbery of another man in St Mary’s Terrace on Monday and the attempted robbery of a further man in Sutherland Avenue, also on Monday.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up