Two teenagers charged with murder of Maida Vale charity worker
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with murder after a charity worker was stabbed to death in Little Venice on Monday.
Detectives have charged Nathan Gilmaney, 18, and a 17 year old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, with the murder of Abdul Samad, from Maida Vale.
Mr Samad, 28, was stabbed outside his home on St Mary’s Terrace just before midnight and passed away at St Mary’s hospital in Paddington an hour later.
A post-mortem examination shows that Mr Samad died from a stab wound to the chest.
The two teenagers were arrested in West Hampstead, a few hours after the incident took place, in Broomsleigh Street.
You may also want to watch:
They will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates Court this morning (Friday) and have also been charged with the robbery of another man in St Mary’s Terrace on Monday and the attempted robbery of a further man in Sutherland Avenue, also on Monday.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'