Two people injured after unmarked police car crashes outside Pizza East in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
Diners at Pizza East restaurant in Highgate Road were injured when an unmarked police car on an emergency call was in collision with another car .
The incident at the Sanderson Close junction with Highgate Road happened just before 8pm.
Two people sitting outside the restaurant were injured by the police car which smashed into a bollard.
The eaterie offers half price food and drink on Tuesday nights - one of the most popular evenings at the trendy restaurant, which is part of the Soho House group.
A Metropolitan Police spokeman said a woman, believed to be in her thirties, was treated at the scene for for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He said a man, also believed to be in his thirties, was taken to a west London hospital where he remains in a non-life threatening condition.
The spokesman said: “Two police officers from the unmarked police car involved in the collision are also being treated for whiplash injuries.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
The other vehicle involved stopped at the scene and the driver is assisting police with their enquiries.
No arrests have been made and local road closures remained in place for two hours.
The Police helicopter was circling the area after the incident, reportedly to take photographs of the scene.
A post on the helicopter twitter account @NPASLondon said: “Photographic task of road accident for @MPSCamden.”
The incident been referred to the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.