Two men charged with public order offences after incident at Mesut Ozil’s home
- Credit: PA
Two men were charged last week near Mesut Ozil’s home in Highgate.
The incident on Thursday night saw Ferat Ercan, 27, of Highgate and Salaman Ekinci, 27 from Tottenham arrested by Metropolitan Police officers.
They were taken to a nearby police station and charged under Section 4a of the Public Order Act.
The section of the act covers intentional harassment, alarm or distress.
Both the German international and his Arsenal team mate Sead Kolasinac were victims of an attempted carjacking in Platts Lane, in Hampstead weeks before.
You may also want to watch:
The duo didn't travel to Newcastle for the Gooner's opening Premier League game of the season yesterday due to "further security incidents."
They have both stepped up security outside their homes since the incident.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
Ercan and Ekinci will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on September 6.