Two men injured in double Maida Vale attack
Two men were viciously attacked in separate incidents on Monday as youth violence continued to blight north Westminster.
A group of up to 10 men armed with sticks, a hammer and a knife attacked a man in Little Venice in the first assault.
The group, whose members are believed to be between 15 and 20 years old, assaulted the 31-year-old at the junction of Bourne Terrace and Harrow Road at about 6pm. They then ran off in the direction of the Warwick Estate.
Det Con Kieran Handley says he is keen to trace members of the group and would like to speak to anyone with information or who have seen the attack.
Just over two hours later a 22-year-old man was stabbed in the leg and punched in the head while walking through the Amberley Estate in Maida Vale.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who is not believed to have any gang connections, was approached by a group of 20 people, some on bicycles, who attacked him. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Five boys aged 14 to 17 have been arrested in connection with the second incident.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
The two attacks are not believed to be linked.
Anyone with information should call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9364 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.