Two men arrested on suspicion of East Finchley double murder
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder following the double shooting of an aunt and her nephew in East Finchley.
Detectives arrested a 20-year-old man in the early hours on Saturday and he has been released on bail until late October pending further investigations.
A 24-year-old man was arrested yesterday and is currently in custody at a north London Police station.
Mother-of-nine Annie Besala Ekofo, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo were gunned down at around 6am on Thursday September 15 at a house in Elmshurst Crescent.
Four other people, including a child, who were also inside the address at the time were not harmed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination on Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo found cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300, or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.