Two arrested in Hornsey drugs raid
A TASK force of community police from Fortis Green, Hornsey and Crouch End carried out a dramatic morning drugs raid last Friday.
The officers swooped on two men, Sheyen Morris, 18, and a 22-year-old, at an address in Hornsey.
The pair were arrested on suspicion on possessing drugs after police seized a quantity of cannabis after forcing entry to the property on Newland Road.
Sgt Steve Whiting, of Hornsey Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Drug search warrants are one of a number of policing tactics we are using to tackle our ward priorities, of youth anti-social behaviour, drugs and personal safety, hand in hand. We will continue to respond to community concern, carrying out drug search warrants where appropriate. If you have information about the supply or misuse of illegal drugs in Hornsey ward call Hornsey Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2905, the non-emergency police number 0300 123 1212 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. In an emergency always dial 999.”
Morris was charged with possession of a controlled class B, cannabis drug.
You may also want to watch:
He was bailed to attend Highgate Magistrates’ court on March 8.
The 22 year-old man received a caution for possession of cannabis
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'