Tube ban for flasher who targeted women between Camden Town and Euston
- Credit: Archant
A serial flasher who stared menacingly at female commuters while exposing himself on a tube train between Camden and Euston has been banned from travelling on London Transport while drunk.
Stephen Joseph Collinge, 54, was caught flashing two separate groups of women on Northern and Victoria line trains over the space of two months.
During the first incident on the Northern line between Camden Town and Euston on January 31 Collinge exposed himself to a group of three women and when challenged, simply stared back at them in silence.
On the second occasion whilst travelling between Euston and Green Park on the Victoria line on February 28 he again exposed himself to a group of women.
They got off the train and boarded a different carriage but he followed them to the separate carriage and continued to expose himself.
You may also want to watch:
Collinge told police his trousers must have become undone accidentally while he was drunk but later admitted three counts of outraging public decency.
Magistrates sentenced him to 18 weeks imprisonment suspended for 18 months, with 20 hours of unpaid work and 20 days of rehabilitation.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
He was banned from using London Transport while intoxicated and can only travel with a registered Oyster card or contactless payment card.
Malachy Pakenham, prosecuting, said: ‘He has previously taken his penis out and masturbated in front of a group of females.
‘There are several aggravating factors here, there is repeat offending, he was drunk and when challenged he did nothing.
‘If you put yourself in the place of the victim this is a sinister reaction, as is the behaviour in the second incident in which he follows the women. This must have been distressing for the victims.’
Collinge, of Warner Close, Hendon, was ordered to pay £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge.