Tube ban for flasher who targeted women between Camden Town and Euston
- Credit: Archant
A serial flasher who stared menacingly at female commuters while exposing himself on a tube train between Camden and Euston has been banned from travelling on London Transport while drunk.
Stephen Joseph Collinge, 54, was caught flashing two separate groups of women on Northern and Victoria line trains over the space of two months.
During the first incident on the Northern line between Camden Town and Euston on January 31 Collinge exposed himself to a group of three women and when challenged, simply stared back at them in silence.
On the second occasion whilst travelling between Euston and Green Park on the Victoria line on February 28 he again exposed himself to a group of women.
They got off the train and boarded a different carriage but he followed them to the separate carriage and continued to expose himself.
You may also want to watch:
Collinge told police his trousers must have become undone accidentally while he was drunk but later admitted three counts of outraging public decency.
Magistrates sentenced him to 18 weeks imprisonment suspended for 18 months, with 20 hours of unpaid work and 20 days of rehabilitation.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
He was banned from using London Transport while intoxicated and can only travel with a registered Oyster card or contactless payment card.
Malachy Pakenham, prosecuting, said: ‘He has previously taken his penis out and masturbated in front of a group of females.
‘There are several aggravating factors here, there is repeat offending, he was drunk and when challenged he did nothing.
‘If you put yourself in the place of the victim this is a sinister reaction, as is the behaviour in the second incident in which he follows the women. This must have been distressing for the victims.’
Collinge, of Warner Close, Hendon, was ordered to pay £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge.