Tributes left to 46-year-old mother after murder investigation launched in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left at the scene where a 46-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Belsize Park.
The victim, named locally as mother-of-three Maria Mbombo, was pronounced dead shortly after midnight this morning.
Forensic officers are at the scene in Maitland Park Villas.
A neighbour told the Ham&High: “It’s a total shock, they’re a really lovely family.
“This is a total shock, I can’t believe it’s happened.”
You may also want to watch:
A 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
It is understood the suspect was arrested in Queen’s Crescent.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
He has been taken to a London hospital and is thought to have had a knife injury.
A post-mortem examination is due to take place at St Pancras Mortuary tomorrow.
Police said the man and woman knew each other and lived at the same address.
Det Chief Insp Noel McHugh said: “While we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this murder I would ask anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to contact the incident room.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.