Tributes left to 46-year-old mother after murder investigation launched in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left at the scene where a 46-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Belsize Park.
The victim, named locally as mother-of-three Maria Mbombo, was pronounced dead shortly after midnight this morning.
Forensic officers are at the scene in Maitland Park Villas.
A neighbour told the Ham&High: “It’s a total shock, they’re a really lovely family.
“This is a total shock, I can’t believe it’s happened.”
A 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
It is understood the suspect was arrested in Queen’s Crescent.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 3 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
- 4 'Incredibly kind and caring': Tribute to wife who died with brain tumour
- 5 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 6 'Let’s take the motor traffic out of Swiss Cottage'
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 10 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
He has been taken to a London hospital and is thought to have had a knife injury.
A post-mortem examination is due to take place at St Pancras Mortuary tomorrow.
Police said the man and woman knew each other and lived at the same address.
Det Chief Insp Noel McHugh said: “While we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this murder I would ask anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to contact the incident room.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.