Trial of man accused of Beigel Bake double killing in Golders Green delayed
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of stabbing his mother and sister to death in their Golders Green home has been delayed.
Joshua Cohen, 27, is charged with killing Louise Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, who ran the well-known Beigel Bake in Brick Lane.
The women were pronounced dead at their home in Golders Green Crescent after emergency services arrived at around 8.50pm on Friday, August 11.
Cohen, of Barnet, north London, was arrested in nearby Golders Hill Park the following day.
He appeared at the Old Bailey this morning by video link from custody before Judge Richard Marks QC for a plea and case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing a dark tracksuit and trainers, he spoke only to confirm his name and did not enter any pleas.
His trial, which was due to start before Mrs Justice Whipple at the Old Bailey on February 5, was postponed.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
Judge Marks set a fresh plea hearing for February 2 and remanded the defendant into custody.