Trial of man accused of Beigel Bake double killing in Golders Green delayed
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of stabbing his mother and sister to death in their Golders Green home has been delayed.
Joshua Cohen, 27, is charged with killing Louise Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, who ran the well-known Beigel Bake in Brick Lane.
The women were pronounced dead at their home in Golders Green Crescent after emergency services arrived at around 8.50pm on Friday, August 11.
Cohen, of Barnet, north London, was arrested in nearby Golders Hill Park the following day.
He appeared at the Old Bailey this morning by video link from custody before Judge Richard Marks QC for a plea and case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing a dark tracksuit and trainers, he spoke only to confirm his name and did not enter any pleas.
His trial, which was due to start before Mrs Justice Whipple at the Old Bailey on February 5, was postponed.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Judge Marks set a fresh plea hearing for February 2 and remanded the defendant into custody.