Trial of man accused of Beigel Bake double killing in Golders Green delayed
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of stabbing his mother and sister to death in their Golders Green home has been delayed.
Joshua Cohen, 27, is charged with killing Louise Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, who ran the well-known Beigel Bake in Brick Lane.
The women were pronounced dead at their home in Golders Green Crescent after emergency services arrived at around 8.50pm on Friday, August 11.
Cohen, of Barnet, north London, was arrested in nearby Golders Hill Park the following day.
He appeared at the Old Bailey this morning by video link from custody before Judge Richard Marks QC for a plea and case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing a dark tracksuit and trainers, he spoke only to confirm his name and did not enter any pleas.
His trial, which was due to start before Mrs Justice Whipple at the Old Bailey on February 5, was postponed.
- 1 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
Judge Marks set a fresh plea hearing for February 2 and remanded the defendant into custody.