Not guilty plea for man accused of murdering Abdikarim Hassan in Camden in February night of violence
- Credit: Met Police
A teenager charged with murder over the death of Abdikarim Hassan in Kentish Town has pleaded not guilty.
Appearing in front of the Common Sergeant of London Richard Marks at the Old Bailey this morning, Christian Thomas pleaded not guilty to four charges.
The 18-year-old, of Queen’s Crescent in Camden, is accused of murdering Abdikarim; two counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm in Aldenham Street; and another count of violent disorder in Pembury Circus, Lower Clapton, all on February 20.
As he was led out of the dock after entering his plea, Thomas, wearing a grey jumper, shook hands with a co-defendant and waved to his family in the gallery.
In total, six defendants have been charged over the night of violence in Camden and across north London on February that claimed the lives of both Abdikarim and Sadiq Mohamed. An eight- to 10-week trial is due to begin on March 11.
Abdikarim, 17, was stabbed to death in Bartholomew Road, and 20-year-old Sadiq was fatally stabbed in Malden Road.
Ben Drummond, 19, of Ingestre Road, has been charged with the murder of Sadiq. Isiah Popoola, 19, of Grafton Way was charged with two counts of murder, grievous bodily harm and attempted grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 8 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 10 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
Anuoluwa Temenu, 18, has been charged with attempted grievous bodily harm, grievous bodily harm and the murder of Abdikarim.
JJ Fatuga, 19, of Little Heath, Greenwich, has been charged with the murder of Sadiq and violent disorder in relation to the incident in Pembury Circus.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also faces violent disorder charges.