Not guilty plea for man accused of murdering Abdikarim Hassan in Camden in February night of violence
- Credit: Met Police
A teenager charged with murder over the death of Abdikarim Hassan in Kentish Town has pleaded not guilty.
Appearing in front of the Common Sergeant of London Richard Marks at the Old Bailey this morning, Christian Thomas pleaded not guilty to four charges.
The 18-year-old, of Queen’s Crescent in Camden, is accused of murdering Abdikarim; two counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm in Aldenham Street; and another count of violent disorder in Pembury Circus, Lower Clapton, all on February 20.
As he was led out of the dock after entering his plea, Thomas, wearing a grey jumper, shook hands with a co-defendant and waved to his family in the gallery.
In total, six defendants have been charged over the night of violence in Camden and across north London on February that claimed the lives of both Abdikarim and Sadiq Mohamed. An eight- to 10-week trial is due to begin on March 11.
You may also want to watch:
Abdikarim, 17, was stabbed to death in Bartholomew Road, and 20-year-old Sadiq was fatally stabbed in Malden Road.
Ben Drummond, 19, of Ingestre Road, has been charged with the murder of Sadiq. Isiah Popoola, 19, of Grafton Way was charged with two counts of murder, grievous bodily harm and attempted grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
Anuoluwa Temenu, 18, has been charged with attempted grievous bodily harm, grievous bodily harm and the murder of Abdikarim.
JJ Fatuga, 19, of Little Heath, Greenwich, has been charged with the murder of Sadiq and violent disorder in relation to the incident in Pembury Circus.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also faces violent disorder charges.