Metropolitan line sex assault: Police appeal for witnesses over reported rush hour attack on tube to Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses to a rush hour sexual assault on the Metropolitan Line between Farringdon and Finchley Road.
A man has been arrested over the incident, which took place at around 5.15 on August 28 as the London Underground train was heading west.
The man, 45, is reported to have touched a woman inappropriately.
Officers would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident, or who was the victim of a similar incident close to the same time.
The man has been released on bail until September 20 on the condition he does not enter or travel on the London Underground.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can contact BTP by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference number 486 of 28/08/19. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'