Metropolitan line sex assault: Police appeal for witnesses over reported rush hour attack on tube to Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses to a rush hour sexual assault on the Metropolitan Line between Farringdon and Finchley Road.
A man has been arrested over the incident, which took place at around 5.15 on August 28 as the London Underground train was heading west.
The man, 45, is reported to have touched a woman inappropriately.
Officers would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident, or who was the victim of a similar incident close to the same time.
The man has been released on bail until September 20 on the condition he does not enter or travel on the London Underground.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can contact BTP by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference number 486 of 28/08/19. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?