Thug gets three years for unprovoked glassing attack in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for three years for glassing an acquaintance in an unprovoked attack outside a Camden Town pub.
Tony Marks, 40, smashed a pint glass over the victim’s face outside the Camden Head in Camden High Street following an argument on June 21 last year.
The victim, also 40, suffered serious cuts in the attack and was treated at hospital.
Marks, of no fixed abode, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday after pleading guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Det Con Chris Sains said: “This is a pleasing sentence for an individual who demonstrated extreme levels of violence in an unprovoked attack, as seen on some quite shocking CCTV footage.
You may also want to watch:
“Tony Marks is a dangerous individual and his reckless levels of violence, pose a serious threat to members of the public. To know Marks is now in prison for a considerable amount of time is reassuring for the community of Camden.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close