Thug gets three years for unprovoked glassing attack in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for three years for glassing an acquaintance in an unprovoked attack outside a Camden Town pub.
Tony Marks, 40, smashed a pint glass over the victim’s face outside the Camden Head in Camden High Street following an argument on June 21 last year.
The victim, also 40, suffered serious cuts in the attack and was treated at hospital.
Marks, of no fixed abode, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday after pleading guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Det Con Chris Sains said: “This is a pleasing sentence for an individual who demonstrated extreme levels of violence in an unprovoked attack, as seen on some quite shocking CCTV footage.
You may also want to watch:
“Tony Marks is a dangerous individual and his reckless levels of violence, pose a serious threat to members of the public. To know Marks is now in prison for a considerable amount of time is reassuring for the community of Camden.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'