Thug gets three years for unprovoked glassing attack in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for three years for glassing an acquaintance in an unprovoked attack outside a Camden Town pub.
Tony Marks, 40, smashed a pint glass over the victim’s face outside the Camden Head in Camden High Street following an argument on June 21 last year.
The victim, also 40, suffered serious cuts in the attack and was treated at hospital.
Marks, of no fixed abode, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday after pleading guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Det Con Chris Sains said: “This is a pleasing sentence for an individual who demonstrated extreme levels of violence in an unprovoked attack, as seen on some quite shocking CCTV footage.
You may also want to watch:
“Tony Marks is a dangerous individual and his reckless levels of violence, pose a serious threat to members of the public. To know Marks is now in prison for a considerable amount of time is reassuring for the community of Camden.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate