Thug gets three years for unprovoked glassing attack in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for three years for glassing an acquaintance in an unprovoked attack outside a Camden Town pub.
Tony Marks, 40, smashed a pint glass over the victim’s face outside the Camden Head in Camden High Street following an argument on June 21 last year.
The victim, also 40, suffered serious cuts in the attack and was treated at hospital.
Marks, of no fixed abode, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday after pleading guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Det Con Chris Sains said: “This is a pleasing sentence for an individual who demonstrated extreme levels of violence in an unprovoked attack, as seen on some quite shocking CCTV footage.
You may also want to watch:
“Tony Marks is a dangerous individual and his reckless levels of violence, pose a serious threat to members of the public. To know Marks is now in prison for a considerable amount of time is reassuring for the community of Camden.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill