Third man arrested in connection with East Finchley double murder
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been arrested in connection with the double murder of a mother of nine and her nephew at an East Finchley home.
The suspect, 23, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Thursday, December 8. He has been bailed until early February as enquiries continue.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed abode, was charged with two counts of murder on September 20 following the incident in Elmhurst Crescent on September 15.
According to a post-mortem examination, Annie Besala Ekofa, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo died from gunshot wounds to the head.
Ezeoke appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on September 21 and will appear at the Old Bailey for trial on March 13.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, aged 20, remains on bail and is due to return in early February.
Bervil was described by his mother as “an angel down on earth”, while a family friend said Annie was a “wonderful woman”.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 9 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat