Third man arrested in connection with East Finchley double murder
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been arrested in connection with the double murder of a mother of nine and her nephew at an East Finchley home.
The suspect, 23, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Thursday, December 8. He has been bailed until early February as enquiries continue.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed abode, was charged with two counts of murder on September 20 following the incident in Elmhurst Crescent on September 15.
According to a post-mortem examination, Annie Besala Ekofa, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo died from gunshot wounds to the head.
Ezeoke appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on September 21 and will appear at the Old Bailey for trial on March 13.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, aged 20, remains on bail and is due to return in early February.
Bervil was described by his mother as “an angel down on earth”, while a family friend said Annie was a “wonderful woman”.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze