Third man arrested in connection with East Finchley double murder
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been arrested in connection with the double murder of a mother of nine and her nephew at an East Finchley home.
The suspect, 23, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Thursday, December 8. He has been bailed until early February as enquiries continue.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed abode, was charged with two counts of murder on September 20 following the incident in Elmhurst Crescent on September 15.
According to a post-mortem examination, Annie Besala Ekofa, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo died from gunshot wounds to the head.
Ezeoke appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on September 21 and will appear at the Old Bailey for trial on March 13.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, aged 20, remains on bail and is due to return in early February.
Bervil was described by his mother as “an angel down on earth”, while a family friend said Annie was a “wonderful woman”.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics