Thieves steal thousands of pounds of designer glasses from West Hampstead opticians
Eighteen pairs of glasses still attached to a display stand were snatched
Thieves smashed their way into an opticians in West Hampstead this morning stealing a 6ft stand displaying thousands of pounds of designer glasses.
Up to 18 pairs of Tag-Heuer sunglasses, worth between �130 and 260, were taken from Insight Opticians, in West End Lane, at about just before 8am this morning.
Kiran Vyas, who has owned the shop for 25 years, said: “Someone smashed the bottom panel of the door out taking the unit containing Tag-Heuer glasses.
“The display unit was locked so they took the whole thing.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully we are insured but now we have to install security grills which will cost �2000-3000.
“There was no need before because we haven’t had any problems over the years. “We’ve had such a stock loss.”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 5 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.