Thieves steal thousands of pounds of designer glasses from West Hampstead opticians
Eighteen pairs of glasses still attached to a display stand were snatched
Thieves smashed their way into an opticians in West Hampstead this morning stealing a 6ft stand displaying thousands of pounds of designer glasses.
Up to 18 pairs of Tag-Heuer sunglasses, worth between �130 and 260, were taken from Insight Opticians, in West End Lane, at about just before 8am this morning.
Kiran Vyas, who has owned the shop for 25 years, said: “Someone smashed the bottom panel of the door out taking the unit containing Tag-Heuer glasses.
“The display unit was locked so they took the whole thing.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully we are insured but now we have to install security grills which will cost �2000-3000.
“There was no need before because we haven’t had any problems over the years. “We’ve had such a stock loss.”
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.