Thieves steal thousands of pounds of designer glasses from West Hampstead opticians
Eighteen pairs of glasses still attached to a display stand were snatched
Thieves smashed their way into an opticians in West Hampstead this morning stealing a 6ft stand displaying thousands of pounds of designer glasses.
Up to 18 pairs of Tag-Heuer sunglasses, worth between �130 and 260, were taken from Insight Opticians, in West End Lane, at about just before 8am this morning.
Kiran Vyas, who has owned the shop for 25 years, said: “Someone smashed the bottom panel of the door out taking the unit containing Tag-Heuer glasses.
“The display unit was locked so they took the whole thing.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully we are insured but now we have to install security grills which will cost �2000-3000.
“There was no need before because we haven’t had any problems over the years. “We’ve had such a stock loss.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.