Thieves steal thousands of pounds of designer glasses from West Hampstead opticians
Eighteen pairs of glasses still attached to a display stand were snatched
Thieves smashed their way into an opticians in West Hampstead this morning stealing a 6ft stand displaying thousands of pounds of designer glasses.
Up to 18 pairs of Tag-Heuer sunglasses, worth between �130 and 260, were taken from Insight Opticians, in West End Lane, at about just before 8am this morning.
Kiran Vyas, who has owned the shop for 25 years, said: “Someone smashed the bottom panel of the door out taking the unit containing Tag-Heuer glasses.
“The display unit was locked so they took the whole thing.
“Thankfully we are insured but now we have to install security grills which will cost �2000-3000.
“There was no need before because we haven’t had any problems over the years. “We’ve had such a stock loss.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.