Thieves steal thousands of pounds of designer glasses from West Hampstead opticians
Eighteen pairs of glasses still attached to a display stand were snatched
Thieves smashed their way into an opticians in West Hampstead this morning stealing a 6ft stand displaying thousands of pounds of designer glasses.
Up to 18 pairs of Tag-Heuer sunglasses, worth between �130 and 260, were taken from Insight Opticians, in West End Lane, at about just before 8am this morning.
Kiran Vyas, who has owned the shop for 25 years, said: “Someone smashed the bottom panel of the door out taking the unit containing Tag-Heuer glasses.
“The display unit was locked so they took the whole thing.
“Thankfully we are insured but now we have to install security grills which will cost �2000-3000.
“There was no need before because we haven’t had any problems over the years. “We’ve had such a stock loss.”
- 1 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 4 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 5 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 8 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 9 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.