Tesco worker from South Hampstead accused of grooming girl, 15, over Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A Tesco worker has appeared in court accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over Facebook.
Mansoor Miah, 21, of Hilgrove Road, South Hampstead, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today where he faced seven sexual offence charges.
He is accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over social media and then encouraging her to make and send him indecent photos of herself.
Miah, a sales assistant at Tesco in Brent Cross, was also accused of seeking to “obtain sexual gratification” by encouraging the girl to watch him masturbate through a webcam.
The final two charges related to his alleged attempt to arrange a meeting with her at a hotel “to engage in sexual activity”.
The offences were said to have taken place in November last year, when Miah was 20.
He was granted bail but with conditions forbidding access to social media and any use of the internet that is not for the purposes of his job at Tesco.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 7 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube map
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
Miah will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on November 20.