Tesco worker from South Hampstead accused of grooming girl, 15, over Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A Tesco worker has appeared in court accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over Facebook.
Mansoor Miah, 21, of Hilgrove Road, South Hampstead, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today where he faced seven sexual offence charges.
He is accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over social media and then encouraging her to make and send him indecent photos of herself.
Miah, a sales assistant at Tesco in Brent Cross, was also accused of seeking to “obtain sexual gratification” by encouraging the girl to watch him masturbate through a webcam.
The final two charges related to his alleged attempt to arrange a meeting with her at a hotel “to engage in sexual activity”.
You may also want to watch:
The offences were said to have taken place in November last year, when Miah was 20.
He was granted bail but with conditions forbidding access to social media and any use of the internet that is not for the purposes of his job at Tesco.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
Miah will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on November 20.