Tesco worker from South Hampstead accused of grooming girl, 15, over Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A Tesco worker has appeared in court accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over Facebook.
Mansoor Miah, 21, of Hilgrove Road, South Hampstead, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today where he faced seven sexual offence charges.
He is accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over social media and then encouraging her to make and send him indecent photos of herself.
Miah, a sales assistant at Tesco in Brent Cross, was also accused of seeking to “obtain sexual gratification” by encouraging the girl to watch him masturbate through a webcam.
The final two charges related to his alleged attempt to arrange a meeting with her at a hotel “to engage in sexual activity”.
You may also want to watch:
The offences were said to have taken place in November last year, when Miah was 20.
He was granted bail but with conditions forbidding access to social media and any use of the internet that is not for the purposes of his job at Tesco.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
Miah will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on November 20.