Tesco worker from South Hampstead accused of grooming girl, 15, over Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A Tesco worker has appeared in court accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over Facebook.
Mansoor Miah, 21, of Hilgrove Road, South Hampstead, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today where he faced seven sexual offence charges.
He is accused of grooming a 15-year-old girl over social media and then encouraging her to make and send him indecent photos of herself.
Miah, a sales assistant at Tesco in Brent Cross, was also accused of seeking to “obtain sexual gratification” by encouraging the girl to watch him masturbate through a webcam.
The final two charges related to his alleged attempt to arrange a meeting with her at a hotel “to engage in sexual activity”.
You may also want to watch:
The offences were said to have taken place in November last year, when Miah was 20.
He was granted bail but with conditions forbidding access to social media and any use of the internet that is not for the purposes of his job at Tesco.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Miah will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on November 20.