Terrified Kentish Town trader wants attackers jailed

� A Kentish Town shopkeeper says two youths who held him up at gunpoint in an armed robbery should be jailed after they admitted to the attack.

Ercan Bahceci revealed that he was left with serious psychological scars and was unable to return to work for two months after the raid.

Levy Ingram, 20, and his 16-year-old accomplice, were caught on CCTV robbing Mr Bahceci at his convenience store, My Shop, on Fortess Road last December.

The film shows Ingram threatening the terrified trader with a pistol, while the other boy – who cannot be named for legal reasons –empties the till.

Shortly after this incident they went on to rob another food store in Finsbury Park.

Ingram admitted his part in the two raids at Blackfriars Crown Court last Thursday, and the 16-year-old pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.

The two are due to be sentenced next month and Mr Bahceci believes his older attacker, at least, should be handed a prison term.

Most Read

He said: “It was very bad for me afterwards – someone put a gun to my face.

“It took a long time to get over it. I had to stay off work for a few months, I couldn’t sleep, it affected my family and children. I want to see them in prison because they damaged me and they need to get a lesson.”

The double robbery attracted widespread publicity after it happened on December 21 as a result of footage of the attacks being aired on BBC 1’s Crimewatch.

CCTV images show Ingram and the other youth, both masked in bandanas and hoodies, entering My Shop at 9.37pm.

After holding up Mr Bahceci and his assistant the pair fled with �300.

In another CCTV clip, they are viewed entering Gonca supermarket in Finsbury Park at 9.45pm where they attempted to carry out another robbery.

Ingram held the gun to the head of the 46-year old shopkeeper, which prompted his 25-year-old son to race forward and tackle the robber.

The youth, aged 15 at the time of the incident, was also armed with a knife.

Both suspects and victims were then involved in a struggle, with the youth repeatedly trying to stab the shopkeeper and the gunman pistol-whipping his son.

The 16-year-old pleaded guilty to robbery, attempted robbery, two counts of possession of an imitation firearm and grievous bodily harm. Ingram pleaded guilty to robbery, attempted robbery, two counts of possession of an imitation firearm and one count of grievous bodily harm.