Police find tens of thousands of pounds in search in Kentish Town’s Peckwater Estate
- Credit: Met Police
Tens of thousands of pounds, weapons and drugs were seized after searching a garage in the Peckwater Estate on Tuesday morning.
Camden neighbourhood police, Camden Council Community Safety Service officers and the London Fire Brigade went to the estate in Kentish Town to search garages in connection with ongoing work to tackle drug dealing and violence in Camden.
The searches form part of regular work for the partnership between the three groups.
They found “substantial” amounts of class A and B drugs, with “significant” amounts of cash and weapons.
One suspect has been arrested. The investigation continues, with police officers from Central North Borough Command leading.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Jason Stewart said: “Organised crime in the area and local gangs have taken a huge hit as a result of some excellent joint working. This operation follows the 41 arrests related to drug dealing in Camden Town in mid-October, and shows how committed we are to working with the Council to stamp out this criminality.”
Cllr Georgia Gould, leader of Camden Council said: “Our communities in the Peckwater Estate have made it clear that they do not want to accept violence on our streets and a drugs trade that is exploiting young people and putting their safety at risk. I hope this sends out a message that this criminal behaviour will not be tolerated in our borough.”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal