Police find tens of thousands of pounds in search in Kentish Town’s Peckwater Estate
- Credit: Met Police
Tens of thousands of pounds, weapons and drugs were seized after searching a garage in the Peckwater Estate on Tuesday morning.
Camden neighbourhood police, Camden Council Community Safety Service officers and the London Fire Brigade went to the estate in Kentish Town to search garages in connection with ongoing work to tackle drug dealing and violence in Camden.
The searches form part of regular work for the partnership between the three groups.
They found “substantial” amounts of class A and B drugs, with “significant” amounts of cash and weapons.
One suspect has been arrested. The investigation continues, with police officers from Central North Borough Command leading.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Jason Stewart said: “Organised crime in the area and local gangs have taken a huge hit as a result of some excellent joint working. This operation follows the 41 arrests related to drug dealing in Camden Town in mid-October, and shows how committed we are to working with the Council to stamp out this criminality.”
Cllr Georgia Gould, leader of Camden Council said: “Our communities in the Peckwater Estate have made it clear that they do not want to accept violence on our streets and a drugs trade that is exploiting young people and putting their safety at risk. I hope this sends out a message that this criminal behaviour will not be tolerated in our borough.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre