Teens who ram-raided Hampstead boutique handed Asbos over moped use
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers who ram-raided a designer clothes boutique have been banned from riding on the backs of mopeds or carrying pillion passengers on their own vehicles.
The 17-year-olds were each given anti-social behaviour orders (Asbos) barring them from riding any scooter with a pillion passenger for three years after being convicted of the burglary on Linea in Heath Street, Hampstead, on June 11.
The duo, who cannot be named because of their ages, were also given three-month curfews, to be monitored with electronic tags, and youth rehabilitation orders that require them to be closely supervised for 12 months.
The teenager from Tottenham, who was also convicted of assaulting a police officer, stealing a Yamaha moped and driving while disqualified and without insurance, has been banned from driving for 12 months.
He was one of the drivers in a gang of eight youths on four mopeds who repeatedly rammed the Linea shopfront, smashing the glass but failing to break the metal shutters inside.
You may also want to watch:
Two police officers arrived within minutes and, with his pal from Finsbury Park on the back, he attempted to drive off – but instead crashed into the officers’ car.
The pair fled on foot, but were chased down and arrested despite a struggle between the Tottenham boy and Pc Oliver Pailes during which Pc Pailes was punched in the face.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council