Teens chased by DC Adele Cashman walk free from court
Two teens chased by a policewoman who collapsed and died in Belsize Park, walked free from court today (Wednesday) after admitting to snatching an iPhone.
The two 17-year-olds, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were each handed a six-month referral order for stealing the �550 phone from a 59-year-old woman in Haverstock Hill as she sat on a bench and checked her emails.
Highbury Corner Magistrates Court heard how the pair, both at sixth form college, was pursued by Det Con Adele Cashman and a colleague who had sped to the scene in a police patrol car.
DC Cashman, 30, collapsed in the street and died later at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead last Monday (November 5).
Flowers and tributes were left at the spot where DC Cashman, known to her friends as Del Boy, collapsed. Camden Borough Commander Richard Tucker said she was “one of the good guys” and will be sorely missed.
You may also want to watch:
The teenagers, who both hope to go on to university, pleaded guilty to theft. They were each ordered to pay �42.50 towards court costs.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 8 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally