Police appeal for information after a 17-year-old was stabbed in West Hampstead
- Credit: Sophie Penney
A teenager is recovering in hospital after being stabbed in West Hampstead yesterday evening.
Police were called at around 6pm to reports of a fight near West Hampstead underground station.
Once they arrived they found a man, believed to be 17, in Iverson Road with a stab injury to his arm.
Images which circulated on social media after the incident showed blood splattered on the pavement.
London Ambulance Service attended the scene, and the teenager was taken to a central London hospital. His condition is not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
There has been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, and quote CAD 6012 of October 28. Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'