Golders Green stabbing: Teenage boy attacked in Basing Hill Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was found with stab injuries in Childs Hill on Sunday.
The victim was discovered in Basing Hill Park, just off Hendon Way, at about 4.50pm.
Police were called to the scene by the ambulance service.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson confirmed: "A teenage boy was found with stab injuries. He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to hospital. His condition has been assessed as non life-threatening. A crime scene has been put in place."
An air ambulance helicopter landed in the park as the emergency services gave the victim treatment.
A Section 60 order - giving police greater powers of stop and search - was put in place for a number of areas across southern Barnet and Brent including Childs Hill, Golders Green and Garden Suburb wards. This was to last until 8.35am on March 2.
This comes after the death on Saturday night of a man who had been found in with serious stab injuries in a car in Parson Street, Hendon.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
- 10 Highgate neighbours say they are 'not listened to' by care home owner
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 5111/01Mar.