Golders Green stabbing: Teenage boy attacked in Basing Hill Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was found with stab injuries in Childs Hill on Sunday.
The victim was discovered in Basing Hill Park, just off Hendon Way, at about 4.50pm.
Police were called to the scene by the ambulance service.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson confirmed: "A teenage boy was found with stab injuries. He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to hospital. His condition has been assessed as non life-threatening. A crime scene has been put in place."
An air ambulance helicopter landed in the park as the emergency services gave the victim treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A Section 60 order - giving police greater powers of stop and search - was put in place for a number of areas across southern Barnet and Brent including Childs Hill, Golders Green and Garden Suburb wards. This was to last until 8.35am on March 2.
This comes after the death on Saturday night of a man who had been found in with serious stab injuries in a car in Parson Street, Hendon.
- 1 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 2 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 3 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 5111/01Mar.