Teenaged robbers hit Marylebone casino
TEENAGE robbers got away with loaded cash box in a violent daylight robbery at a Marylebone casino.
The thieves struck after pulling up in a silver two-seater BMW at the front of the Grosvenor Victoria casino on Harrowby Road at around 3.25pm on Tuesday.
One of the two-man gang, who were said to be as young as 16 or 17 years old, jumped out of the car and pounced on the security guard just about to deliver a box full of cash.
One man, who saw the incident but asked not to be named, said: “A BMW pulled up in the middle of the road with three English guys.
“Then the security guard arrived. He wanted to go inside the casino but one of the guys in the car ran up to him and starting kicking him. He was carrying a box and it just rolled into the road.
You may also want to watch:
“The guy who was kicking him grabbed the box, hugged it to his body and jumped back in the car.”
A spokeswoman for the casino said: “We can confirm that a robbery from a cash in transit vehicle took place outside our casino on the Edgware Road today.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 9 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
“Our main priority is always the safety of our team members, customers and suppliers and we are pleased to confirm that no-one has been hurt.”
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm that we were called at around 3.25pm to reports of a cash in transit van being robbed outside the Grosvenor Victoria casino.”