Teenaged robbers hit Marylebone casino
TEENAGE robbers got away with loaded cash box in a violent daylight robbery at a Marylebone casino.
The thieves struck after pulling up in a silver two-seater BMW at the front of the Grosvenor Victoria casino on Harrowby Road at around 3.25pm on Tuesday.
One of the two-man gang, who were said to be as young as 16 or 17 years old, jumped out of the car and pounced on the security guard just about to deliver a box full of cash.
One man, who saw the incident but asked not to be named, said: “A BMW pulled up in the middle of the road with three English guys.
“Then the security guard arrived. He wanted to go inside the casino but one of the guys in the car ran up to him and starting kicking him. He was carrying a box and it just rolled into the road.
You may also want to watch:
“The guy who was kicking him grabbed the box, hugged it to his body and jumped back in the car.”
A spokeswoman for the casino said: “We can confirm that a robbery from a cash in transit vehicle took place outside our casino on the Edgware Road today.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
“Our main priority is always the safety of our team members, customers and suppliers and we are pleased to confirm that no-one has been hurt.”
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm that we were called at around 3.25pm to reports of a cash in transit van being robbed outside the Grosvenor Victoria casino.”